Unfortunately in recent times we have seen further outbreaks of COVID-19 across Melbourne which has led to the application of Stay at Home restrictions to Metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire.
At the beginning of the crisis we implemented a number of protocols to help protect our clients and staff. We understand that some of these have been difficult and challenging but we very much appreciate your understanding and co-operation through these times. These protocols have allowed us to continue to care for your pets.
At this point we would like to update you on the protocols currently in place at Bundoora Veterinary Clinic.
– Our routine consulting hours are:
8am-7pm Monday-Thursday (Please note the change from 6pm to 7pm)
9am-5pm Saturday & Sunday
– Emergency hours (Northern Suburbs Animal Emergency Centre)
The emergency centre continues to run a 24 hour walk in service 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
– We continue to operate as a walk-in clinic, as a result there can be long waiting times during busy periods. If you phone ahead we will give you an estimate of waiting times, however please be aware these can change rapidly.
– Unfortunately we are still unable to permit routine client visits to animals staying within the hospital. If your animal is staying in hospital with us, and you are unsure of the rules relating to your pet please feel free to discuss this with the on duty vet.
– Only one client is permitted in the consultation room with each pet for routine visits. There are certain extenuating circumstances where this rule may not apply.
– We continue to require clients to sanitize their hands when they enter the building before approaching reception, and we require clients to maintain social distancing whilst within the clinic. Where possible we ask clients to provide payment via cashless methods, however if this is not possible cash WILL be accepted.
– We ask you not to enter the clinic if you are unwell, if you are in a period of self isolation, if you have been overseas in the past 14 days, or if you have been in contact with a confirmed or possible case of COVID-19.
– Contactless consults will still be performed at either the on duty vet’s or client’s discretion. Please, if you would like a contactless consult to be performed inform our receptionists over the phone so the appropriate arrangements can be made.
We know that these continue to be stressful and difficult times, and we really are truly grateful for your support, understanding and co-operation. As usual please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions, and please continue to keep yourselves and your families safe.
Here is a link to our most recent COVID-19 facebook update or you can download it here.
Bundoora Veterinary Clinic Team